Beauty Questions: Makeup has failed us

Makeup challenges

Makeup has really failed us and for something that we spend so much money on, its just not right!

This post is dedicated to all the struggling times we have all spent with makeup. All the lessons we have learnt from it.

All the embarrassing times its made us go through.

And definitely all the money we’ve spent on it!

Makeup has really failed us and for something that we spend so much money on, its just not right!

 

If I could write a letter to makeup, this is what it would say.

Dear Makeup,

I should be able to trust you. I should be able to confide in you. You should be my best friend!

Heres the list of 21 things makeup fails to tell us.

    1.     You may not always get the same results even though you use the exact same products as someone else. (i.e Youtubers)

    2.     I won't work well on your skin.

    3.     In 6 months I'll be out of style.

    4.     I am not good for YOU.

    5.     You DIDN'T blend me properly.

    6.     I CAN'T cover everything.

    7.     I won't always look the same way as I will in your PICTURES, a MIRROR and REAL LIFE.

    8.     I am going to make you BREAKOUT.

    9.     You WILL REGRET sleeping with me on.

    10.   We WON'T work well.

    11.   There are WAY CHEAPER versions of me.

    12.   That (product) is the PERFECT TOOL to use with me

    13.   I crack.

    14.   My colour won't go well with YOU.

    15.   Me and HER don't mix.

    16.   You are wasting your money SIS.

    17.   I don't perform MAGIC.

    18.   You will have a BAD DAY even though I've made you look cute today.

    19.   Once you step out, you will look like a BAG OF OIL.

    20.   I may be EXPENSIVE but I'm not the best for YOU.

    21.   You are BEAUTIFUL without me.

 

Shoutout to all the makeup gurus and influencers for always giving us the tips to help us with this struggle. We appreciate you.

I guess its just a one-way relationship where makeup is unsurprisingly in charge.

Let me know in the comment section what you think. Are there any stuff I’ve left out?

Written by Gail Egbeson

Gail Egbeson is a lifestyle blogger who likes to describe herself as different. Through her struggle of finding and loving herself, she aims to show people that its okay to have flaws and imperfection as they all  sum up the best version of yourself.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post