Relationship Talk With Bukky: I'm not physically or emotionally attracted to my boyfriend

I'm not physically or emotionally attracted to my boyfriend.

He knows I'm not enjoying the relationship but keeps being nice and doesn't want to let me go.

Dear Bukky,

I have a guy in my life, who I am not attracted to in any way, both physically and emotionally. I am not mentally connected to this guy, I do not like or love him.

He is however very nice to me, loves me excessively and does too much for me.

I opened up to him about how I feel but he still insists on staying, knowing my state of mind towards him.

The problem is he keeps begging me to love him back; telling me that we should think towards the future (getting married) and so forth.

I'm not enjoying the relationship not to talk of getting married to him and he also doesn't want to let me go.

What do I do?
____________

Dear reader,

You can’t be with someone out of pity. You’re either in or out. And when you’re disconnected from someone as you are to this man, there is only one thing to do – leave him.

It is not enough to explain to him how you feel about him and the whole relationship. Take action to back up the words.

Apparently your words are not deterring him, so let your actions be the emphatic “No” he needs to hear.

Stop collecting his gifts, stop picking his calls, let him take his excessive love to someone else. The more you accommodate his advances, the bolder he’ll get that he can convince you to put your heart and mind to the relationship and maybe a future together.

Except you’re open to changing your mind and reciprocating his affection, you need to be exact and firm  - in words and deeds – about not being interested in him.

There are no two ways about it.
____________
Do you want to talk about your love life, marriage or family issues?

Do you have burning questions that you would love to get answers to?

Just send a mail to relationships@pulse.ng and I'll provide the most honest answers to them anonymously.

Note; the chances of getting a quick response reduces if the text in your email has a lot of abbreviations. So, please write as properly as possible.

So, why not send that mail today and let's talk about it?

A problem shared is a problem half-solved!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post