LeBron James: Cavs star is now the youngest to make 30,000 points in the NBA

LeBron James

James is now the seventh player with the 30,000 regular-season points.

Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James has become the youngest ever to make 30, 000 points in the NBA.

James hit the 30, 000-point mark when he hit the jumper with just one second left in the first quarter of Cleveland Cavaliers' 114-102 loss to the San Antonio Spurs on Tuesday, January 23.

He is now the seventh player with the 30,000 regular-season points and the youngest ever surpassing the legendary Kobe Bryant.

While James hit the mark at 33 years and 24 days, Bryant held the former record at 34 years and 104 days.

I don't ever fully appreciate what I do anytime I accomplish something, no matter if it's a win or a loss,” the 33-year-old said.

I'm looking forward to the moment when I can be done with the game and I can sit back with my family and my friends and we can drink some wine and talk about all the accomplishments that I had and feats I was able to accomplish.”

Congratulating the future

With just seven points to reach the milestone, James before the game took to his Instagram to share a photo of his younger self and wrote a congratulatory message to his older self.

Wanna be one of the first to Congratulate you on this accomplishment/achievement tonight that you’ll reach! Only a handful has reach/seen it too and while I know it’s never been a goal of yours from the beginning try(please try) to take a moment for yourself on how you’ve done it!,” he wrote.

 

The House you’re about to be apart of has only 6 seats in it(as of now) but 1 more will be added and you should be very proud and honored to be invited inside. There’s so many people to thank who has help this even become possible(so thank them all) and when u finally get your moment(alone) to yourself smile, look up to the higher skies and say THANK YOU! So with that said, Congrats again Young King ! 1 Love! "

Before the second quarter of the game, he got a standing ovation from Spurs fans while he patted his heart and said ‘thank you so much.’

Just a special moment, I just started thinking about everything that my journey (has entailed) from being a kid that first picked up a basketball when I was five years old to first starting playing organised basketball when I was nine and all the way up until this point. I give a lot of thanks to a lot of people. It's just a special moment,” he said.

 

“It's something I never set out to do. I'm not even a score-first guy when it comes to playing basketball.

“I love getting my team-mates involved and seeing my team-mates be excited about scoring and me getting assists. For me to sit here and be the youngest player ever to reach 30,000.”

A host of his teammates and colleagues congratulated him including hip-hop superstar Drake.

James now joins Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (38,387 points), Karl Malone (36,928), Kobe Bryant (33,643), Michael Jordan (32,292), Wilt Chamberlain (31,419) and Dirk Nowitzki (30,808) on the list.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post