Tales Of Woe: '10 men raped me every night, forced rod into my vagina' - Libyan returnee

A young Nigerian girl who was forced to travel out by her mother has narrated how 10 men raped her daily and inserted rods into her private part.

A 20-year-old lady who was recently repatriated from Libya where she was held as a sex slave for eight months has narrated how 10 Arab men raped her repeatedly every night and inserted rods into her private part anytime she refused.

The victim, Stella Efosa, who was part of the recent batch of returnees following the intervention of the International Organization of Migration [IOM] in conjunction with the Federal Government, narrated to South City News at the returnees' rehabilitation camp that she and other Nigerian immigrant went through untold hardship while in the slave camps.

Efosa who said she was learning a trade before her mother linked her with a trafficker who promised to take her to Italy to work, described the harrowing experiences she faced and said that she would not pray for her worse enemy to undergo what she went through in an effort to get a better life outside the country.

ALSO READ: "Heartbreaking: '18 Arab men raped me in one night' - Libyan returnee narrates tales of woe"

Speaking on her travails, the Edo State-born Efosa said:

"I am happy to be back to my country after what I went through in the eight months I was in the slave camp. In short, what I went through, I cannot wish it on my worst enemy.

 

I was an apprentice hairdresser in Benin and two months to my graduation, my mother told me that there was a woman who would take me to Italy to work as a hairdresser. She said it was a great opportunity for me to travel out of the country so that I can help the family.

A few days later, she introduced me to the woman and they took me to a shrine where I was made to swear to an oath that I would not betray her and that I would pay back the money she would spend on me.

I don't know how much my mother paid to her but the woman took me and about seven other girls to Lagos where we stayed for five days before she took us to Kano where she said we would fly to Italy.

But instead of entering a plane, she handed us over to some men who said we would go through the Niger Republic and the desert. We were taken into a truck and two days in the desert, the truck broke down and we had to continue the journey on foot.

We had no food and water and we had to endure so much pain, hunger and thirst. When we got to the Libyan border, we were told to pay but those of us who had no money were raped before we could cross.

When we got into Libya, we were handed over to some men and they took us into a camp. Some of those men were Nigerians who are also part of the slave masters.

That was when I came face to face with my nightmare. Instead of crossing to Europe, we ended up spending eight months in different camps. We were raped every day by different men.

 

I remember a time 10 men raped me every day and night and when I was tired and begged them to stop, they would beat me up and insert iron rods into my private part.

Three of the girls we travelled with died in one of the camps and I don't know the whereabouts of the others.

I blame my mother for what I went through. I am now traumatized but I thank God I am back and nothing in this world will make me think of going anywhere again."

ALSO READ: "Libyan Slavery: 'Constant rape by my father forced me to flee Nigeria' - Returnee"

Meanwhile, efforts are being made to bring back the other 2000 Nigerians who are still being held captives in Libyan slave camps.

Watch video of a Libyan returnee narrating her experience here:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post